Platform Expert (2-year contract)
Are you looking for an opportunity to help create a new, national payment platform? EthSwitch is seeking a results-oriented leader to closely work with a technology vendor as well as various participants to assure a successful implementation of the instant payment switch, payment gateway as well as the wallet platform.
EthSwitch is looking for a strong software engineer with passion for solving hard problems, willingness to deal with ambiguity and strive for engineering excellence. You will be a member of the program management office (PMO) team and will support the project execution and governance by playing the role of a technical lead. You must have a track record of understanding customer needs and delivering technology solutions to address those needs.
Reporting to the Director of the Program Management Office, you will be responsible for activities such as finalizing scheme rules, perform system integration testing with external stakeholders, provide support to conduct user acceptance testing (UAT), and develop training as well as SoPs for EthSwitch’s operation team.
EthSwitch’s strategic vision is to scale digital retail payments transactions in Ethiopia by being a best-in-class switch that enables all value chain participants. To realize this vision, EthSwitch has initiated this journey, with the support from partners, to launch a real-time retail payment platform and develop the payment scheme that will go along with it.
This role is based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Relocation assistance is available with a competitive package offered to suitable candidate.
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Software Development, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience
- Payments system professional with experience implementing payment systems and development of payment solutions. Specifically areas of instant payment switches, payment gateways, and wallet platforms, preferably in an interoperable environment
- Extensive technical knowledge of payment systems covering Debit card/ Credit card / POS / Merchant Management, Payment switch, ACH, RTGS, Clearing System, Internet Banking, Mobile Banking & Digital Wallet.
- Extensive technical knowledge of Payment Systems regulations and mandates
- Good understanding of Banking Platform Functional Requirements Specifications and Software Requirements Specifications.
- Demonstrate strong experience in leading and managing teams of software developers/implementers
- Must have proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to understand the business requirement and help identify, communicate and resolve systems issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Hands-on experience in managing, troubleshooting and resolving problems related to payment switches and channels.
- Experience in industry standard design and development methodologies
- Added experience in implementing Payment Switch and development of channel functionalities.
- Certified in various industry standard practices including project management
Interested and suitable candidates should submit an updated, concise and relevant resume of not more than 4 pages and a cover note in MS word of no more than one and a half to two (2) pages summarising their suitability for the role to email address: email@example.com. Please also indicate within the cover note and/or resume your nationality. The email title should read ‘Platform expert” and should be received latest by 05 PM GMT on 17th December 2021.