REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK
Avenue Jean-Paul II, 01 B.P. 1387, Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Financial Sector Development Department (PIFD)
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR ADFI GRAPHIC DESIGNER
- The African Development Bank (AfDB) “the Bank” hereby invites Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in the following assignment: ADFI Graphic Designer, ‘the Consultant’, for the Africa Digital Financial Inclusion Facility (ADFI), in the Financial Sector Development Department (PIFD).
- ADFI was established in 2019 and represents a partnership of the Bank working with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), Agence Française de Développement (AFD) the Ministry of Finance, Government of Luxembourg and the French Treasury, Ministry for the Economy, Finance and Recovery as the Initial Donors.
- Reporting to the ADFI Communications and Knowledge Management Specialist, the services required from the ADFI Graphic Designer consultant include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop branding using existing logo and brand colours to create a toolkit for a range of communication products according to ADFI Branding Guidelines, which successfully reflect ADFI’s mission, key messages and core strategies, while appealing to a varied audience.
- Provide overall technical support in layout, design and production of information and communication materials from concept stage to final delivery, while actively contributing to the creative process, and making requested revisions based on team feedback. All material should be editable in Adobe Acrobat.
- Develop visual identities (mobile-responsive, where appropriate) for use in a broad range of communication materials (including print, web-based and social media)
- Safeguard and ensure that all communication products are produced in line with ADFI and funding partner branding, logo and other relevant rules and guidelines.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
The candidate must have a minimum of a University degree or specialized diploma in Graphic Design, Art & Design or related field and at least 5 years of relevant work experience in graphic design for copy, print and online media, web and motion design.
Excellent knowledge and proven experience of principles of graphic design, as well as industry standard tools such as Photoshop/Adobe Illustrator to produce high quality on-trend designed copy, including knowledge of MailChimp. Knowledge of the work of international organizations in general and AfDB in particular is a plus. Other desired skills, knowledge and experience include:
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to respond very quickly to demands and an ability to deliver high-quality products under tight deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills including an ability to communicate effectively with the team and swift responsiveness to correspondence; and,
- Ability to communicate effectively in English with French as an added advantage.
- The contract term is for one year with the possibility of renewal. The expected start date is 1st January 2022.
- The eligibility criteria, the establishment of a short list and the selection procedure shall be in conformity with the Bank’s Procurement Policy for Recruitment of Corporate Consultants and ADFI’s Operating Guidelines. Please note that interest expressed by a consultant does not imply any obligation on the part of the Bank to include him/her in the shortlist.
- Interested and suitable candidates should submit an updated, concise and relevant to the role resume of not more than 4 pages, a cover note in MS word of no more than one and a half to two (2) pages summarising their suitability for the role and links to/digital copies of relevant previous graphic design work to email address: [email protected] for the attention of the ADFI Coordinator.
Please also indicate within the cover note and/or resume your nationality. The email title should read ‘ADFI Graphic Designer’ and should be received latest by 05 PM GMT on 10 December 2021.
ESTABLISHMENT OF THE SHORT LIST
A shortlist of three to six individual consultants will be established at the end the request of expressions of interest. The consultants on the shortlist will be judged on the following criteria on the basis of their submission.
Level of education in general - 10%
Experience of brand development and multimedia communication support - 15%
Relevant examples of previous work - 45%
Experience with the AfDB, other DFI’s, donors, key DFS stakeholders - 10%
Number of years and depth of experience relevant to the role - 20%
TOTAL - 100%
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within two weeks (14 working days) of the closure date.
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
Visit the ADFI website to learn more about our work and mandate www.adfi.org.