Product Manager (2-year contract)
Are you looking for an opportunity to help create a new, national payment platform and introduce various products from scratch? EthSwitch is seeking an innovative, passionate, results-oriented leader to drive product management for an exciting new platform.
EthSwitch is looking for a hands-on product manager with experience in the areas of instant payment switches, payment gateways, and wallet platforms, preferably in an interoperable environment. You will be a member of the program management office (PMO) team working on a game-changing platform that intersects highly scalable real-time software, and innovative user experience. You must have a track record of understanding customer needs and delivering technology solutions to address those needs.
Reporting to the Director of the Program Management Office, you will be responsible for driving the product roadmap and partnering with internal cross-functional teams to deliver new products. In this position, some of your major responsibilities include developing functional design and technical specifications documents; supporting participants with technical integration during onboarding; market rehearsal with participants; and successfully hand-over products to the operations team along with SOPs.
EthSwitch’s strategic vision is to scale digital retail payments transactions in Ethiopia by being a best-in-class switch that enables all value chain participants. To realize this vision, EthSwitch has initiated this journey, with the support from partners, to launch a real-time retail payment platform and develop the payment scheme that will go along with it.
This role is based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Relocation assistance is available with a competitive package offered to suitable candidate.
- 6+ years of product or related experience, preferably with applications/sales engagement experience.
- Experience with product lifecycle from requirements to feature or product delivery, product support, cross-team dependency management, and team development.
- BA/BS required
- Experience with instant payment switches, payment gateways and wallet platforms, preferably in an interoperable environment
- Track record of taking ownership and getting results
- Sound business judgment
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities amid ambiguity
- Ability to formulate data-driven decisions
- Ability to conceptualize, run, and prioritize multiple projects
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills with track record of navigating complex unstructured cross-functional environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Interested and suitable candidates should submit an updated, concise and relevant resume of not more than 4 pages and a cover note in MS word of no more than one and a half to two (2) pages summarising their suitability for the role to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also indicate within the cover note and/or resume your nationality. The email title should read ‘Product Manager” and should be received latest by 05 PM GMT on 17th December 2021.