MODEL GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE
Promoting gender-sensitive digital financial services, policies and regulations across ECOWAS
GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE
1. The WEST AFRICAN MONETARY AGENCY has received a grant from the African Digital Fianancial Inclusion (ADFI) Facility, hosted at the African Development Bank to finance the Promoting gender-sensitive digital financial services, policies and regulations across ECOWAS project.
2. The principal objectives of this project are to achieve a harmonised gender-centric digital financial inclusion framework for use by the digital financial inclusion (DFI) ecosystem stakeholders across the ECOWAS countries. This initiative will focus on the Regional Payments Framework Gateway as a strategic entry for the conduct of the gender gap analysis.
3. The project includes the following components :
- Reinforce financial inclusion strategy across ECOWAS by taking stock of any progress in women’s financial inclusion initiatives in the region, identifying gaps and opportunities and using insights to develop the regional financial inclusion strategy.
- Inform data analytics framework and strategy design using gender gap analysis to determine gender identifiers for gender-disaggregated data and explore the use of data analytics for behavioural insights on how women access and use digital financial services.
- Review and address policy barriers that hinder women from accessing DFS and opportunities such as agency banking, micro loans, savings and insurance.
- Review policies aimed at promoting digital identities (IDs) to help address challenges that prevent women from accessing ID, Know-Your-Customer (KYC) and investment opportunities.
- Explore how digital payments are being addressed and the opportunity for enforcing gender identifiers to provide a consolidated view of how both men and women use financial services.
4. Acquisition of the services of Consultants will follow the “Procurement Policy and Methodology for Bank Funded Operations, October 2015”. Solicitation documents are expected to be available in (September 2021).
5. Interested bidders may obtain further information and should confirm their interest by contacting :
West African Monetary Agency, The Director General
+23225232482 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org