MODEL GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE
Executing Human-Centered Design Research to Test the Applicability of Smartphone-Enabled Digital Financial Services for Women
GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE
1. M-KOPA Kenya has received a loan from the African Development Bank to finance Executing Human-Centered Design Research to Test the Applicability of Smartphone-Enabled Digital Financial Services for Women.
2. The principal objectives of this project are to :
Design new gender-centric Digital Financial Services (DFS) innovation for women SMEs in Kenya. The project will assess factors that influence women’s uptake and utility of mobile services and DFS through customer surveys and focus group discussions. Insights from customer research will inform product development to enhance financial literacy and greater uptake of relevant DFS.
3. The project includes the following components :
- Gender/HCD consultancy – develop questionnaire and research tools for remote survey data collection and in-person focus group discussions and deliver insights around customer DFS needs assessment and behavioral and knowledge perceptions of smartphone-enabled value-add information services and DFS.
- Software development consultancy – develop prototype smartphone interface and features based on research findings and user requirements and iterate to deliver MVP based on customer feedback.
4. Procurement of goods and/or works will be in accordance with the Bank's Rules of Procedure for the Procurement of Goods and Works. Acquisition of the services of Consultants will follow the Bank's Rules of Procedure for the Use of Consultants. Bidding documents are expected to be available in August 2021.
5. Interested bidders may obtain further information, and should confirm their interest, by contacting :
M-KOPA KENYA LIMITED
Chania Avenue, Off ring-road
PO Box 51866-00100
Tilak Nathwani - email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
telephone number: +44 (0) 7776 690370